Monday, July 27, 2015

Life in Alexandria Edited to Fit Today (Monday, Five Years Later)

“Wining About Something – What WAS”
Barrel 27 Rock and a Hard Place 2007 Grenache, another flavor to be nano-stored in the G-protein taste-bud memory bank.  What the world needs now is ‘light brown spice,’ and in the wisdom of a chef, in a world where sugar is both the cure and the glaze, is there a place for ginger?  Sip. Savor.  Slither. Having a transcendent head-out-of-stomach experience, devastated emotions ferment beneath the confident surface of an austere air.  Reminders precede memory loss.  I prepare my mind like an old computer hard drive that needed to free space by getting rid of rubbish of the mind/body/soul.  Nowadays, what with processor speed, RAM, and HDDs the way they are, why delete?  By then my Monday was undone.  I was unhinged, by God, unhinged!  Long looks upon blank walls, I started to draw in pencil something I knew must be erased some day in the future and wouldn’t be worth taking a picture of if I had a camera.  Inspiration was something that came from the word interstitial.  I was reading Moby Dick for the first time, knowing how it would end, and not wanting it to… Something about seafaring seemed…not more romantic, but more robust than waiting tables for a year in a random place where I knew one person well enough to call it home.  Bourne upon ancient saltwater currents, breathing hour spans, wresting writing from walls if not superimposing.  I must have made a good impression, this one that got away calls me back five years later, she wants to drive all the way from Alexandria to Buffalo to make out.  Should I encourage what seems like insanity to come to me? 

“Sloppy Second Joe”
Fast-food pick-up artistry, I set the standards for low-grade loving, poorest quality acceptable for public consumption, entirely a gluttonous mash, musty mouthful. A bottle of life in one hand and a bottle of life-altering substances in the other.  Spun like a child for fruity loops swimming in box Jesus juice.  My biggest regrets involve leaving something unattended, unfinished, or unseen.  It’s crazy though, I try to be omnipresent, omnipotent, and omniscient, a god-headed ideal.  Informed sources reliably relate information intelligently. Uninformed, unintelligent sources attempt to deviate my attention from what is real into memory illusion, those things that I remember to be true, but in fact, aren’t.  Hence the refresher.  I arise late, headache, memory splinters, something asymmetric struggles to fit, my shoulders are too tight for anything to be easy.  The verb to be! The verb to be! Action is more becoming to the gentleman, but I, jilted ball cap, lo ego, struggling to find clean pants, muttering, sputtering, pulse pouting, scrutinizing, and glutenizing to boot, I need a good reason to go out and suffer my abuse.

“Camels, Dude”
What exactly happened on the other side of the needle’s eye?  I will never see because I got stuck, stuck staring at the loopy end and missed the metaphor.  A spasmodic insertion concluded my vision. The end.

“Self-Addendum”
Mortal men wallowing in the shallows of dolorous demeanors, haphazard blankets on the wall-to-wall apartment floor for a bed, punctilious expressions all around.  Imagining self-mutilation and living in the moment, doing neither.  Guts. Glory. Escher? Allin.  Jesus Christ.  Quality counts individuality by ones, and to each, ownership.  Owner, boner, a sketchy loner enters a bar.  Each and every effect of ethanol on biochemistry realized multiplied by herb, spice, and illusion.  The self-indulgence of rich slaves, the struggle for abundant resources leaves idiots stuffed, self-taxidermy.  Guts in the mess hall, spilled truth serum on the hands of a self-administrator.  Robots suck. Short circuitry is a tail chase, a bitch dogged affair.  Tongue in the short-hairs, active cowlick brushing the mane of motherly vanity, living the dirty life to get clean.  Should I work harder at earning more or protest rising cost?  What do you say we get high without memory loss?
Forget your troubles!
Forget your cares!
Forget your worries!

Caution: Bears!

No comments:

Post a Comment